Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 05:59:20 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, snap-users@kame.net
Subject:   Re: (KAME-snap 4091) Re: 4.2-stable: autoconfigure not working anymore?

Ronald> The first one sets ipv6_network_interfaces to:
Ronald> faith0
Ronald> The latter sets it to:
Ronald> faith0 gif0 gif1 gif2 gif3 lo0 ppp0 sl0 wi0

I thought this case.  However, if it was your problem, I believe you
had never issued RS by /etc/rc.network6.

Ronald> ipv6_enable="YES"

Umm, ipv6_enable is set to YES.

Ronald> I have added to my /etc/pccard.conf:
Ronald> insert  rtsol $device

You don't need to add this line.  It is done by /etc/pccard_ether in
default setting.  How is

 	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start
	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop

lines in your pccard entry?

Ronald> I get a router solicitation at boot time now. I don't know if this
Ronald> is the Right Thing to do.

The pccard related setup should be done by /etc/pccard_ether.  So,
/etc/rc.network6 is not so important on laptop.  If ipv6_enable is set
to YES in /etc/rc.conf, /etc/pccard_ether issue RS.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/