Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:06:17 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [CAM?] Device not configured...

In article <Pine.BSF.4.02.9809291049340.14792-100000@hub.org> you wrote:
> da5: <Quantum XP34300 L912> Fixed Direct Access SCSI2 device

You should be running L915 on that drive.  L912 is known to occassionally
go out to lunch.

> How can I get it back, short of rebooting the system?  If I can?

Use camcontrol to see if the system still can see the device.  If it
can't, use camcontrol -r to rescan for it.  You will have to
"umount -f" any filesystems that reference the device before the system
will allow you to access them normally.

> Thanks...

Justin