Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:47:23 +0100
From:      amon@sockar.homeip.net
To:        Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Performance problem with adaptec 2120S

Le 10/12/2003 à 13:54, Scott Long a écrit:

> Some hardware architecture choices were made that influence this.  Better
> choices were made with the 2200S so it should be faster, especially in a
> 64/66 PCI slot.

I see.

> Are you talking about the write cache on the drives or on the array?  You
> should never enable the write cache on the drives unless you are certain
> that you will never ever have a power failure.  FOr the arrays, the
> optimal cache configuration is to have the read cache turned off and the
> write cache turned on.  If this is not the case for you, I'd like to see
> the diagnostic output from the card.

I only enabled the write cache of the array and aaccli now shows :

AAC0>
COMMAND: container show cache 0
Executing: container show cache 0

Global Container Read Cache Size  : 475136
Global Container Write Cache Size : 40140800

Read Cache Setting        : DISABLE
Write Cache Setting       : ENABLE ALWAYS
Write Cache Status        : Active, not protected, battery not present

The complete 'diag dump text' output is there :
http://khonshou.hst.nerim.net/aac-diag

Are all those NMI_SECONDARY_ATU_ERROR in the history buffer normal ?

--
Herve Boulouis - EFREI Promo 2003 - Equipe systeme Unix