Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:10:40 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Francis Barnhart <franimal@speakeasy.net>
Cc:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>, Coercitas Temet'Nosce <coercitas@hotmail.com>, FreeBSD current users <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problem with RC3

> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:05:22 -0800
> From: Francis Barnhart <franimal@speakeasy.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> I wonder if it might be even better to disable it by
> default. Nothing turns people off like an OS that doesn't install.

It should CERTAINLY be turned off on the install CDs and floppies! It
was VERY frustrating to boot the CD on my laptop and have it crash
after a few minutes. Kinda hard to get a crash dump, either.

APM was never on by default in the past. Why should we have ACPI on on
the install disks?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)