Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:13:38 -0500
From:      munn <munn@umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Barnyard

I am trying to compile barnyard for use with mysql.  When I do
./configure --enable-mysql I get the error message

checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient... no

  ERROR: unable to find mysqlclient library
  checked in the following places
        /usr/local/lib/mysql

First  mysqlclient.a is in /usr/local/lib/mysql but  I cannot find the
entry point mysql_real_connect() which is part of the mysql API.

Has anyone had any success in compiling barnyard?  I  am running 4.10p4.

Thanks
 Robert Munn