Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:50:56 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
Subject:   Re: random problem with 8.3 from yesterday

Hi,

On Thursday 23 February 2012 20:22:57 Stefan Bethke wrote:
> Am 22.02.2012 um 07:34 schrieb Erich Dollansky:
>

> > tunefs -L NewDeviceName /dev/da0a
> >
> > Either this call or the mount command does not work randomly.
> >
> > When I then try to mount the device on /dev/da0a it does not work always.
> >
> > I do not know what this causes, I am only randomly able to reproduce it.
> >
> > It might be affected by removing the device or keeping it plugged in.
>
> You need to be more specific: what "does not work" mean? Output, results?

it seems that I forgot to copy the console output for this.

Ok, as far as I remember, tunefs said something like it does not recognise the slice.

Mount has had two different messages. One also said that it could not find/recognise the slice. The other one said that the file system was unknown despite just running a newfs on it.

I am very much aware that this kind of errors are very hard to find especially if they are not reproduceable.

Erich