Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:28:58 -0400
From:      "Craig Huckabee" <huck@spawar.navy.mil>
To:        "Mike Smith" <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <msmith@mass.dis.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.4-rc4 Install hangs on RAID controller

> I haven't been able to do any testing for the 4.4 release, unfortunately;
time
> simply hasn't been available.
>
> However, the controller should work.  Make sure that it's not in I2O mode,
> and that the array is not degraded or rebuilding.

I2O mode doesn't appear to even be an option on the 762 (the Class Emulation
menu option isn't present in the BIOS and it isn't mentioned in the manual)
and the logical drive state is reported as "optimal" (or "online" in the
BIOS menu).

I also tried booting up verbosely to see if that gave more useful
information - this is the last thing spit out :

amrd0: <MegaRAID logical drive> on amr0
amrd0: 26049MB (53348352 sectors) RAID 5 (optimal)
Creating Disk amrd0

then nothing else - I've let it sit that way for over an hour just in case
it was actually doing something.

The same thing happens with 4.2-RELEASE (haven't got a 4.3 CD handy).  This
same system was running NT previously, so the adapter works, and without the
RAID adapter FreeBSD will install just fine.

Is there anything else I can do to help troubleshoot the problem ?

Thanks,
Craig