Date:      Tue, 1 May 2012 16:50:12 GMT
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Marcin_Wi=C5=9Bnicki?= <mwisnicki@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/166639: [boot] Syscons issue Intel D2700

The following reply was made to PR amd64/166639; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?UTF-8?Q?Marcin_Wi=C5=9Bnicki?= <mwisnicki@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, lebel.jerome@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 18:43:20 +0200

 On my D2500CC with current bios it only happens with 9.0R/amd64. I can
 successfully boot 9.0/i386 with minimal (single character) graphics
 corruption that can be worked around by switching syscons to 640x480.
 Unfortunately serial console goes blank as soon as kernel begins
 execution (both i386 and amd64). Trying to use conscontrol or "sysctl
 kern.console" gives "Device not configured".

 With 8.1R/amd64 serial console works but hangs during startup as noted above.