Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:12:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which BSD for a Mac/68k

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, James Howard wrote:

> Okay, I know this looks like an odd place to post such a question, but I
> am doing it anyway.
>
> I inherited an old Mac IIsi a while back and I dug it out the other
> day.  I planned on using it to host a small simple website and
> maybeprovide shells for a few close personal friends.  Apache, sendmail,
> the usual load for a small server will be included.
>
> Now, here is my question, which of NetBSD or OpenBSD should I use?  I am
> coming from a strong FreeBSD background, what "gotchas" should I look out
> for when doing this?  Is there any good documentation for someone going to
> another BSD?

I would recommend NetBSD -- NetBSD seems to support the most platforms.  I
would go to http://www.netbsd.org/ and see if your platform is
supported.  NetBSD supports so many, I'd be surprised if it didn't.  Of
course, if you want really tight security, then I'd go to OpenBSD.  I
think NetBSD's security shouldn't be that bad.

Grab a NetBSD boot image, and boot 'er up.

- Donn