Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:15:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Hudson Stansbury <clastan@email.unc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NIC problems

Hello, I've been having problems getting FreeBSD 4.1 to detect my
Intel(R) PRO/100 VE adaptor.  I have modified /etc/rc.conf, I have
added "device fxp0" to /usr/src/sys/i386/LINT made a new kernel (just a
copy of GENERIC with a new name) and recompiled, and I have re-installed a
dozen times.  Still, whenever I reach the Network Configuration menu
during the install, there is never a ed0 or fxp* option.  Am I doing
something wrong?  Is this Intel pro/100 VE card simply not supported at
all?

Thank you,
clate