Date:      Fri, 3 Feb 95 13:35:56 +0100
From:      rsilfhou@mmra1.ms.philips.nl (Ruud van Silfhout)
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Driver for Panasonic 563 CDROM for SB16.

Hi,

I have a Panasonic 563 CD-ROM connected to a Soundblaster compatible card.
I want to write a driver for it, based on the driver I found in the Linux
sources. I called the guys from Creative Labs in Germany and they are NOT
willing to give me any documentation for the 563 CDROM drive.
So I'm stuck.

Is there out there anybody who has already written a driver for such a card? Or
perhaps started on it?
Can anyone help me with the required documentation? Or do you know the email
address of Creative Labs (Singapore?), so that I can ask them ?

If the driver is ready I'll donate it to FreeBSD.
There is however one BUT. This is my first driver for a Unix like system, so it
may take a while.

Help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Ruud van Silfhout