Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 1995 21:54:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        JOHN@gab.unt.edu (John Booth)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Elm and /var/mail

Hello.

Quoting from John Booth (Sat Aug 26 16:03:18 1995):
> This has been bugging me for a while.  I can't get elm to
> work properly w/o making the permissions in /var/mail 777.
> I thought since elm was setgid and that /var/mail had group
> mail and elm was set gid that it would work ok that way...any thoughts
> on this...perhaps I have been compiling it incorrectly?...
Did you use the port? If so, it should work.
Otherwise, be sure you told Configure you were going to use elm setgid.
You should use the internal savegid.

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1