Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:11:45 -0700
From:      Chris <chris@ogden.sd27.bc.ca>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ethernet Config.

I think that I know why FreeBSD can't find my card when it probes the ISA
bus. I have a PCI card :) Here are the specifics on the card.

SMC EZ Card 10 PCI
IRQ 3
I/O 1420-143F
It just uses a regular windows driver when I use it in windows.

I tried using the Generic kernel but it still didn't recognize the card,
but during the boot sequence it said:
Probing PCI Bus:
ed1: <NE2000 Ethernet <RealTek>> IRQ 255
And then it went on to probe the ISA bus etc...

However after it finished booting I checked /dev but there was no sign of
ed1. Hope that is a little bit more info for you and thank-you once again
for your help :)

Chris.