Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:42:03 +0100
From:      Jaap Boender <jaapb@kerguelen.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   page fault in pmap_copy

Hello all,

Over the last few days, I've been having my (9.1-STABLE, amd64) laptop reboot
due to a page fault every once in a while. I don't really know what triggers
it, except for vague suspicions that it seems to happen when I'm using Kontact
(fail to see why would that be the reason). It seems to happen at random,
though the last two days the pattern has been for it to happen immediately
after I switch on the laptop in the morning, and then I'm all right for the
rest of the day.

I'm suspecting it has something to do with the Intel DRM drivers - I switched
from Vesa some time ago, and the crashes started happening after that. It's
just a suspicion, though.

Here's a typical kernel backtrace:
#0 0xffffffff804c8116 at kdb_backtrace+0x66
#1 0xffffffff8049230d at panic+0x1cd
#2 0xffffffff806ff300 at trap_fatal+0x290
#3 0xffffffff806ff638 at trap_pfault+0x1e8
#4 0xffffffff806ffc3e at trap+0x3be
#5 0xffffffff806e932f at calltrap+0x8
#6 0xffffffff806fc024 at pmap_copy+0x524
#7 0xffffffff806d1144 at vmspace_fork+0x454
#8 0xffffffff80463398 at fork1+0x328
#9 0xffffffff80464e02 at sys_fork+0x22
#10 0xffffffff806febe0 at amd64_syscall+0x540
#11 0xffffffff806e9617 at Xfast_syscall+0xf7

Has anyone seen something similar, or maybe even got a solution? I've done a
quick search, but couldn't really find anything. If more data are needed
(kernel configuration, more extensive backtraces, core dumps, etc.) I'd
obviously be happy to provide those.

Thanks,

  Jaap Boender