Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:55:32 -0700
From:      "Rick Duvall" <rduvall@onlinehighways.net>
To:        "Mike Hogsett" <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Amanda or Bacula

So to clarify just so that I understand correctly:

1.  Each filesystem per system to be backed up qualifies as a dumpfile.
2.  Multiple dumpfiles per backup
3.  Multiple tapes per backup, as long as 1 dumpfile isn't larger than the
tape.

One of my systems has a 120 gig drive with about 36gigs (and growing) of
people's images, documents, etc on it (samba server).  My single tape drive
is only 20 gigs.  I am assuming this will be a problem for Amanda unless I
get a bigger tape drive.

Sincerely,

Rick Duvall