Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:55:09 -0600
From:      "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr" <jnagyjr1978@gmail.com>
To:        "Questions @ FreeBSD" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel panic leads to core dump

I was going ahead and attempting to install libreoffice 3.5.7 and it was
going along nicely until the kernel panicked. When I rebooted, I tried
to start the install again but it aborted so I went to make clean in
/usr/ports/editors/libreoffice when the kernel panicked again. I have
two of all the core dump files (one set from each).

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug
symbols

Is already enabled in the generic (amd64) kernel.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD alex-laptop 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0 r243825: Tue Dec
  4 09:23:10 UTC 2012
root@farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org