Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 19:05:30 -0600
From:      "Ronald G. Arnold Jr." <rarnold@colemantx.com>
To:        "Mike Johnson" <mjohnson@browz.com>, "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: virus now in my boot record

I didn't look at Norton, but I have the same and knew what the cause
was. When I had Linux LILO it only came up on virus scans and then it
wanted to repair it, but I only made the mistake of repairing it once.
If you do repair it, you should be able to use the boot floppies and
upgrade, just leave everything as it is, just reload the boot loader
again.

Ronald