Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:39:23 +1000
From:      Andrew Sinclair <syncman@optusnet.com.au>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4-user KVM experiences?

Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> I currently have a Cybex Autoview 200 2-user, 8 computer KVM and love
> it. One feature I very much love, it allows me to have both user ports
> on the same computer and both keyboard/mouse can be used, very nice
> for training, showing things.
>
> Unfortunatly I need a 4-user KVM now, 8 computers would be still enough.
> I tried an Apex 4XP (1998 kvm), it doesn't allow the above feature,
> is 1024x768 max resolution and doesn't support handing screensaver
> putting the monitor into powersave through. I also tried a Raritan
> MX48, even with all Raritan cables, the image quality at 1280x1024
> is pretty bad (example: Outlook new messages are bold black, non-new
> ones are black, hard to make out the difference). The Raritan also
> doesn't hand through the powersave for monitors.
>
> So anyone here who could recommend a KVM?

I have one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11180&item=5709440955&rd=1

There is a slight ghosting effect on the analogue port in my computer
but that would most likely be my GE-CUBE Raedon 9200SE video card. Other
computers didn't have this. The video quality on all computers tested is
otherwise very good.

I think you could get a better deal than $90 though. This item will be
listed for 7 days from the date this message was posted.