Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:22:39 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

On Aug 21, 2004, at 8:43 AM, Mark Linimon wrote:

>> | portname:           mail/postfix20
>>
>> I feel it's wrong to remove it so early, many people are still using
>> postfix
>> 1.2, and I think people will continue to run 2.0 for a long time.
>
> Well, I'm neutral on this.  IIRC the previous maintainer suggested
> a 4-month timeout.  Should we simply remove the date and leave it
> as merely DEPRECATED?

The jump from Postfix 1.2 to 2.0 was pretty significant.  The jump from
2.0 to 2.1 is IMO a no-brainer.  Personally, I don't think we need to
retain either the postfix 1 or the postfix 2.0 ports, but others may
disagree.  I think if nobody volunteers to maintain it, then there is
no *real* need to keep it around, since it is not worth anyone's time
stand up and say "I need this. I'll be resonsible for it."