Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:56:53 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Lorenzo Cerutti <Lorenzo.Cerutti@isrec.unil.ch>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppd/chat problems

Hi everyone!

I've just installed the FreeBSD 4.3 on my laptop to have a try, but
I'm unable to have a working modem connection. It is probably a very
simple problem, but I'm not an expert ... :-(

Using the 'ppp term' I can have the modem sending back something (i.e, AT
OK), but nothing works when I use a 'ppp dial' script or 'chat'.
I've been through a number of howto and faq pages ... but still haven't
found a working solution.

Do you know where I can find some detailed pppd/chat configuration
examples and explanations?

Thanks for your help!

L.