Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:17:28 +0100
From:      "Graham Lillico" <graham_lillico@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.6 and PPP

Hi,

I have upgraded my firewall to 4.6 but I am having problems with ppp.linkup
files.

whenever I start ppp I get the following errors in my /var/log/ppp.log file.

Jul 22 13:22:14 loki ppp[660]: tun0: Warning: /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup: !bg ipf
-Fa -f /etc/ipf.rules: Invalid command
Jul 22 13:22:14 loki ppp[660]: tun0: Warning: /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup: !bg ipnat
-CF -f /etc/ipnat.rules: Invalid command

My ppp.linkup file contains the following,

adsl:
!bg ipf -Fa -f /etc/ipf.rules
!bg ipnat -CF -f /etc/ipnat.rules

both my ppp.conf and ppp.linkup files have permissions of 0600

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?  I have checked the man
pages and sample files but nothing seems to be working.

Regards

Grez..