Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:55:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <doug@safeport.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   $FreeBSD: src/etc/ppp/ppp.conf questions

Is the following comment correct?

 # Ensure that "device" references the correct serial port
 # for your modem. (cuaa0 = COM1, cuaa1 = COM2)

At least for 4.3 sio4 = cuaa4, and I assumed from comments on questions that
that this mapping was true in general (i.e., sio<n> = cuaa<n>).

My second question concerns moving the 'set ifaddr' and 'add default
HISADDR" statements to the end of the file.

I thought that the commands preceding the ISP definitions were global in scope.
So if I add multiple sections for various ISPs these statements should precede
the 'papchap:' line not follow it.

Is this correct?

_____
Douglas Denault