Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 06:50:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/10882: No problem, submitting a port :-)

The following reply was made to PR ports/10882; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To: asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - the Wraith - Asami)
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:39:36 -0600

 At 18:47 30-03-1999 -0800, Satoshi - the Wraith - Asami wrote:
 >The first one had a space in front of all the lines so I decided to
 >keep the second (this) one.  Thanks. :)

 No, thank you. :-) This is my first port, but by no means the last. I wrote
 a simple utility for my own use, to convert text from ISO-8859-2 to u-8
 (one of the Unicode encodings), which helps me create web pages in my
 native tongue.

 Yesterday I polished it up for more general use. This morning I realized I
 can fairly easily use it as the basis for a series of such programs, one
 for each of the ISO-8859 standards. So, you should be hearing from me soon
 again. :-)

 I do have a question, if I may: I have read somewhere that there is a file
 somewhere in FreeBSD with a "generic" version of the BSD licence that one
 can use by just inserting one's own name.

 Unfortunately, I did not write its path down back then, and, for the life
 of me, I cannot find it now. Do you happen to know where it is?

 Adam

            ===> Whiz Kid Technomagic <===
              http://www.whizkidtech.net/
     The resource center for webmasters and web users
        Winner of the Starting Point Hot Site award
             Winner of the Lighthouse Award
              Home of the Web Magic Award