Date:      Sun, 03 Feb 2002 16:52:31 -0600
From:      "Matthew Rezny" <mrezny@umr.edu>
To:        "alpha@freebsd.org" <alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem compiling 4.5 kernel

In my make.conf I have CPUTYPE=pca56, which takes care of problems
compiling some ports. When compiling the 4.5 kernel I got the following
error:
Assembler: opcode 'minsw4' not supported for target ev56
I tried changing it to CPUTYPE=ev56, which should be only a minor
difference, and the compilation no longer fails. Has anyone else run
into this? This appeared to have happened on a .c file, so it appears
perhaps the compiler is making bad assrmbler code.