Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2012 10:04:27 -0400
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Michael Scheidell <scheidell@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: doublechecking: repocopy

On 14 April 2012 09:57, Michael Scheidell <scheidell@freebsd.org> wrote:
> just doublechecking so I don't muck up cvs:
>
> repocopy.
> ircd-ratbox-devel is at 3.0.7 (the official release now)
> maintainer has asked for a repocopy.
> I have assigned the pr to portmgr, with state of 'open' (should it have been
> feedback?)

the state should be 'repocopy'

> once repocopy is done and assigned back to me, I do a cvs rm on
> irc/ircd-ratbox on my local box, then cp the -devel directory over to
> original.

The repocopy is the copy action. Once it is done there will be
identical copies of files in the tree.
Only one port will be connected to the build - the one which was
originally connected.

At this point you can do what you want with the files. You can delete
the old copy, change the new copy and connect it, add a MOVED entry,
or anything else that you would normally do.

> set MFC days? or is that mostly for source code?

MFC only applies to src because of the branching model.

--
Eitan Adler