Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 2015 12:00:59 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-arch'" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Supporting cross-debugging vmcores in libkvm

John Baldwin wrote this message on Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 10:56 -0700:
> Many debuggers (recent gdb and lldb) support cross-architecture debugging
> just fine.  My current WIP port of kgdb to gdb7 supports cross-debugging for
> remote targets already, but I wanted it to also support cross-debugging for
> vmcores.

Have you looked at the work the my GSoC student, Daniel Lovasko, is
doing:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2015/TypeAwareKernelVirtualMemoryAccess

This uses libctf to completely abstract out the accessing of data
in libkvm so that it can be used w/ any arch as long as you have ctf
data...  This means you could use netstat on amd64 on an armeb vmcore
w/o issues...

It does look like some of this is still useful, but want to make sure
that we aren't reproducing tons of work...

For example, he's working on procstat right now:
https://github.com/lovasko/taprocstat

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579