Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2015 07:43:42 +1100
From:      "commerce ttgraphic" <ttgraphic@ozemail.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 10.1 on Proliant ML150 G6

>> Am 05.01.2015 um 22:41 schrieb Ian Fitzgerald <ianf@ozemail.com.au>:
>>=20
>> Initially posted to fbsd-questions
>>=20
>> Hello recipients
>>=20
>> I have performed countless installs over many years and most have =
been=20
>> easy, or my errors are soon discovered.
>>=20

>Interesting.
>
>So it=E2=80=99s a native em(4)-card now, not one OEM=E2=80=99ed by HP?
>
>Does it work with CentOS6/7Ubuntu12/14 as desired?
>

>Rainer

The embedded HP OEM'd 'card' was the bge, and em is the PCIe card =
inserted by me to test against after finding problem with bge.
My understanding is that drivers for each exist in the GENERIC kernel, =
as suggested by the results of=20
hardware probe. I chose the Intel Gigabit CT card as it is commonly =
used. I have not tested it against CentOS6/7Ubuntu12/14.

Ping works when sent to the machine's own address, in this case =
192.168.1.71, but not when sent to other hosts. Other machines on
The 192.168.1.xxx network are unable to get a response when I ping =
192.168.1.71

IanF.