Date:      Sun, 27 May 2012 22:29:58 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Cloud" software ?

> Well ... in short I need to let our users ( students + profs ) access
> and share their data ( living in their UNIX home directories )

NFS + AMD

> The access must be easy and possible from as much devices as possible.

Aim for device drivers & servers that can interact as
client & server pairs over tcp/ip, Examples:
	/usr/ports/graphics/xsane	http://www.xsane.org/
	/usr/ports/sysutils/nut 	http://www.networkupstools.org/
	X windows split screens & client proceses.
& try to avoid neeeding to have to run specific programs only on the host
connected to the device.

> Am I clear enough ? ( sorry English is not my native language ...)

Non native English is not the cause of misunderstanding :-)
Misunderstanding comes from expecting technolgists to derive much
if anything from the Marketer/ Salesman / Manager promoted phrase "Cloud
Computing", which I've found so far carries nothing new, for those
who've already been working in distributed Unix environments.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".