Date:      Sat, 9 Aug 2008 12:44:20 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Redd Vinylene <reddvinylene@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My jails just died

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, Redd Vinylene wrote:

Hi,

> My jails just died. They worked just fine yesterday and I haven't
> touched anything.

what do you mean with "died"? Did the box crash and once booted, the
jails were no longer started? Did you stop the jails and they didn't
start again?

> I've tried rebooting over and over but they just won't start. jls remains empty.

This is not windows. rebooting usually does not help to solve
problems unless you need to update the kernel;)

> (root@mother)(08/09+12:25)
> (/usr) /etc/rc.d/jail start
> Configuring jails:.
> Starting jails:
>
> Nothing happens. I'm confused.

<snip private mail full quoting :( >

have you edited /etc/rc.conf on mother? Are the jails still configured
there?

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb              Stop bit received. Insert coin for new game.