Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:00:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
To:        Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox much slower now

On 18-Feb-2004 Sean McNeil wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this?  After upgrading everything on a -CURRENT
> system with the new pthread library and ULE scheduler everything is ok
> unless multiple page loads are trying to happen.
>
> ebay pages tend to take a lot longer as well.  Almost like threads to
> load images are having trouble (are they threads?).  Also, seems like if
> I try to open another page in a tab (or just go to another web site)
> when it is still trying to load a bunch of images, then the new page
> will not be processed for a long time.
>
> This is all percieved performance.  I do not have any hard evidence.
>
> The only relevant thing in options I can think of is that "Open links in
> background" is set.
>
> Sean

Open about:config, type "conn" (no quotes) into the filter box, and adjust your
max connections settings.  They're ridiculously low by default, which is
probably what's causing you to have to wait for one page to finish before
another will load.

HTH

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> - "In Unix veritas"