Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 09:46:44 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        "Holdich, Kristian" <kristian.holdich@wcom.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie Installation / Configuration...

On 16 Apr 99, at 11:04, Holdich, Kristian wrote:

> When it was first installed, there was a screen that allowed you to choose
> which bits of hardware were to be loaded and what parameters to run it
> with. After the installation the kernel defaulted to loading and probing
> anything, how do I go about changing this? Can i run that app again or is
> it a recompile?

I assume you are using 3.1, but if not, it's pretty similar in previous
versions.  During the boot process, there is a step where you will see the
system counting down to a reboot.  This is your window of opportunity.
Press a key, and you will be presented with a prompt.  I actually found
that up arrow would work well as the key of choice.

I think ? will give you a list of options, but "boot -c" for
configuration.  At the next prompt, choose the visual configuration and
will should give you what you are referring to.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary