Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:10:52 -0600
From:      Rob Andrews <rob@cyberpunkz.org>
To:        admin <admin@crimelords.org>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: AIDE

On Friday 28 December 2001 10:38, admin wrote:
> Has anyone had success with installing AIDE on freeBSD 4.4 stable?  I've
> tried it on 2 machines and recieved Seg faults just trying to create the
> initial database ( aide --init ).  Maybe I should stick with tripwire?
> Can anyone suggest any other Intrusion Detection type programs I may try
> out? (opensource of course).

Just to test it out and see I did install it and ran the db init.  I had no
troubles with it on my dual processor 4.4-s box.  not sure what sort of
trouble you're running into but it does seem to be working and built just
fine from ports just minutes before I sent this email out..

Rob Andrews
Cyberpunk Alliance
http://cyberpunkz.org/