Date:      09 Sep 2002 17:06:25 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@scrogneugneu.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Big problem with port system

erk! <tapeworm@insekta.org> wrote:

> well, i can't really tell what your *exact* problem may be.. but you
> might want to consider updating your ports tree, and building from
> there.  you're currently running XFree86-4.1.0_7, so that tells me you
> aren't completely up-to-date..correct me if i'm wrong here in making
> that assumption.

My port tree is updated each day via cvsup. I'm running
XFree86-4.1.0_7 despite of the new 4.2.0_1,1 package because i've no
utility to upgrade.

> in any case, XFree86 is up to 4.2.0_1,1.  there's a good possibility
> that any problems being caused have since been fixed in some of those
> other ports as well.  i don't run the full KDE set, but i do have both
> qt3 and kdelibs3 installed with zero difficulty on 4.6.2-release.

May be i have to nuke my whole pkgsrc tree and cvsup it again?

> also, to venture a guess, i'm curious about that "check your system
> clock" error.  you might check the time on your system, and if for some
> reason it is out of whack, run adjkerntz -i.

My clock is sync'ed each hour via ntpdate.

PS: please CC: me your answers as, for some reason, i currently not
receive ports@freebsd messages.
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1335027679 secondes