Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2012 12:36:07 -0400
From:      Bill Crisp <bcrisp@crispernetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVE-2012-0217 Intel's sysret Kernel Privilege Escalation and FreeBSD 6.2/6.3

Good Morning!

This was also posted to the FreeBSD forums:

I have been researching CVE-2012-0217 and while I have patched the kernels
on servers with 7.3/8.2 that I have, I would like to see if anyone knows
for sure if 6.2/6.3 are also vulnerable? I am aware that those kernels are
out of support from looking at the documentation. I have looked at the code
in trap.c to see if the current patch would work with 6.3 source but it
won't based on what I saw. I am also aware of upgrading as an option to
resolve this unfortunately in some cases I have this is not possible right
now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I can of course test anything
that might need it.

Thanks!