Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2012 07:58:36 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        bz@FreeBSD.org, mobile@freebsd.org, Hans Petter Selasky <hans.petter.selasky@bitfrost.no>
Subject:   Re: suspend/resume [was: Devsummit pictures]

On Aug 31, 2012, at 4:40 AM, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:11:42PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>>> and then new USB stack had broken it again for me (NEC Versa S950, =
YMMV).
>>=20
>> Should be fixed in all -stable with regard to USB and suspend and =
resume.
>=20
> To be fair to Hans Petter, maybe his USB stack itself does not have a =
bug,
> but instead uncovers a bug somewhere else.  OTOH, my laptop does not =
care.
>=20
> ./danfe
>=20
> P.S.  Hans Petter, your emails come extremely garbled, what could it =
be?
> P.P.S.  Moved from -developers@ to -mobile@.

You can determine if it is the usb stack by removing it and trying =
again.

When I was actively hunting suspend/resume bugs,  most of them were =
related to video drivers / devices misbehaving (even when it looked like =
they actually worked).  Ensure that the video console is still good.  If =
possible, a serial console will tell you for sure...

Warner