Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 1995 12:52:45 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_detach()

>>Is there such an animal done or planned?
>
>   I think it will be written in the not-too-distant future. Several people
>have expressed an interest in this...Poul-Henning, for instance, wants
>something like that for hot-plug PCMCIA ethernet support.
>   It shouldn't be difficult to write.

Keep me posted. I'll be working on SVC frame relay by years end and it will
make things a lot cleaner than having to manage unused slots.

db
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25