Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 1996 21:36:17 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        micke@dynas.se (Mikael Hybsch)
Subject:   Re: HP SureStore 4020i & Buslogic SCSI adapter

(Moved to freebsd-scsi, where this better fits.)

As Mikael Hybsch wrote:

> I tried the example in the wormcontrol(8) man page. The wormcontrol
> commands works, but after a few seconds of writing to the cd I get
> "worm0(bt0:2:0) ABORTED COMMAND asc:ad,0 Vendor Specific ASC".

My Plasmon manual describes ASC 0xad as ``Buffer underrun''.  So this
basically means your data input throughput was too weak (also
explaining why it went writing for a few seconds).

> Is there a driver for the Advansys ABP-510 SCSI card that
> came with the CD-R?

No, but i doubt this would help you much at all.

We should perhaps also find a way to register vendor-specific ASC
translation messages.

--
cheers, J"org