Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:54:17 -1000
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Thomas Abthorpe <tabthorpe@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can we please just remove the old Makefile headers?

On 08/30/2012 09:56 AM, Thomas Abthorpe wrote:
> So without further ado, this is what we would like to see at the top of
> the makefile
>
> #
> # $FreeBSD$
> #
>
> PORTNAME=
>
> It is as easy as that :)

I was sort of afraid that would be the answer ... while I realize we
have massive historical precedents for the additional #s above and below
the content, what I was hoping for was that we would make the big break
with hysterical raisins and just make the # $FreeBSD$ the first line of
the file.

It's a minor issue (and yes, this is a legitimate bikeshed) but to my
way of thinking the extra #s are just wasted space that reduce the
amount of useful data that is presented when you open the file in an
editor.

I won't lose sleep if we go with the extra #s, but I wanted to at least
raise the issue in case there was still a chance to keep it simple. :)

Doug