Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 09:02:49 +0000 ()
From:      "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@cwbone.bsi.com.br>
To:        didier@omnix.fr.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: firewall (ipfw)

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996 didier@omnix.fr.org wrote:

> The company I'm working for plan to install a permanent acces to internet
> through an analogic leased line and two 32kb modems.
>
> to protect our application in plan to install the firewall builtin FreeBSD
>

> I've never used ipfw and I dont have any experience with firewalls.
>

> could you tell me how I could set up this machine
>

> thanks for your help

OK, Didier.

setup the firewall code by including the options IPFIREWALL....
this options is in lines 199-201 of the LINT sample file in the directory:
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf.
configure the kernel config -n ...
go to the directory for compilation, remove ip*.o, do a make all install.
after that. read the man pages for command ipfw.

ex:
ipfw addf deny all to any via ed0 -> deny all ip that is routed to your
net via the ed0 network card.
ipfw addf accept all to any 80 via ed0 -> accept only web trafic (port
80) to your network.
and so on......
Try playing around with it... it is easy...
by