Date:      Tue,  3 Jul 2001 07:56:00 +0200
From:      Adrian Steinmann <ast@marabu.ch>
To:        Lee McKenna <lee@lodgenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: busybox for picobsd

I use sash (see ports/shells/sash) and then this generator (/mini
is where I put my local small stuff)

# craft a small shell script for sash builtin commands
{
    echo '#!/bin/sh -';
    echo "eval exec /mini/sash -c \\'-\`echo \$0|/mini/sed -e 's/[^\/]*\///g'\` \$@\'";
} > sash_builtin
chmod 755 sash_builtin
for cmd in \
    chgrp chmod chown cmp cp dd ed file find grep gunzip gzip kill \
    ln ls mkdir mknod more mv pwd rm rmdir sum sync touch umount
do
    ln sash_builtin $cmd
done

It's a one-line shell script for *all* the relevant sash commands.
Almost as good as busybox, and a lot smaller!

Adrian

You wrote:
   Has anyone successfully ported busybox ( http://busybox.lineo.com )to
   FreeBSD?

   I know about tinyware, but busybox appears to be a more comprehensive
   toolkit, except it currently only works under linux -- I've tried to
   make it on FreeBSD 4.3 and unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I cant
   fix it...

   --Lee
   lee@lodgenet.com<