Date:      Sun, 12 May 1996 00:32:35 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        Eric Varsanyi <ewv@boom.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Motherboards

From: Eric Varsanyi <ewv@boom.bsdi.com>
   It must only be certain models then... the ones we've had trouble with
   were the P54NP4's (Neptune EISA/PCI). It isn't a BSD/OS problem,
   these wouldn't even run the DOS diagnostics that come with the
   EP2's. The I_LINE register in the second device is left programmed
   They've probably corrected the problems in their newer boards (the
   Neptune is at least a couple of years old).

Intel platos will not probe bridges correctly either, and isn't plato also
using neptune chipset?  Chipset problem, or just too old bios?

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND, hsu@clinet.fi
mobile +358-40-5519679 work +358-0-4375360 fax -4555276 home -8031121