Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 16:05:16 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        erich@lodgenet.com (Eric L. Hernes)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shared libraries for SCO

> I was just playing with the ibcs2 stuff and I ftped to
> SCO's anonymous ftp server and found a full set of
> shared libraries.  Is it illegal or just unethical to
> copy these?
>
> eric.

Is there a copyright notice when you connect?
Is there a copyright file in any obvious place along the path to those files?
Is there a copyright notice within any of the libraries?

If not, I believe that you are free and clear to take them as long as you
document the above  :-)  You cannot use copyright protections to prosecute
somebody for taking something you offer free for the taking, with no notices
to the contrary.

... Joe