Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 09:01:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Prob w/resizing vi xterm windows

I am having a problem with resizing xterm windows when running vi
(and elm).  The problem is that vi is not seeing the size change.
It fails if I change the window size before starting vi or if I
start vi then change the window size.  I am running 2.1-stable (aka
2.1.5) supped and built as of 7/11.

Is anybody else seeing this?  Any clues as to how I can overcome
it?

BTW, this has not always failed.  It started fairly recently when
I updated from a 5/29 version of 2.1-stable to the 7/11 version.
Also less, more, top, and likely others get it right.

--
Bob Willcox
bob@luke.pmr.com