Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 18:43:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        crandall@matchlogic.com (Charles Randall)
Cc:        dmiller@search.sparks.net, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gigabit ethernet support?

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Charles Randall
had to walk into mine and say:

> Bill Paul has developed a driver for the Alteon Tigon 1 and 2 cards.
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/Alteon/
>
> FYI,
> Charles

The ti driver supports several cards, including the Alteon AceNIC,
the 3Com 3c985-SX, the Netgear GA620, the DEC EtherWORKS 1000, the
SGI PCI gigabit ethernet card, the NEC gigabit ethernet card and
possibly some from IBM as well, though I don't know the PCI vendor/device
IDs for those so I can't be sure (if you find them out, you can try
hacking them into the driver). All of these are supported by the same
driver because they're all OEMed from Alteon.

Also, there is a driver for the SysKonnect gigabit ethernet cards
(www.syskonnect.com). The driver sk was merged into the 3.x branch
recently. SysKonnect has both single port and dual port cards with
multimode and single mode fiber interfaces. All types are supported.

-Bill