Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:22:01 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to update binary-files?

--n+lFg1Zro7sl44OB

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 07:40:10AM +0200, Oliver Fuchs wrote:

> I would like to know how to upgrade binary-files on my FreeBSD system.
>=20
> I get them from a vendor on 4 CDs.
> I have read how to upgrade the kernel, the port and the base system but I
> cannot find a documentation how to upgrade these installed binary-packages
> from my new cdroms?

Upgrading ports/pkgs is handled separately to dealing with the base
system.  However a 'pkg' is just the compiled form of a 'port' and the
two are essentially interchangeable.  You can use the usual
portupgrade(1) tools to upgrade compiled packages -- see the entry for
the '-P' flag in portupgrade(1).

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20