Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2017 08:07:31 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ways to help investigating behavior of periodic scripts

Hello all.

As you know cron(8) executes daily periodic scripts at 03:01 of every
day and 2 mails are sent to root reporting output of each script. On
my home server (11.1-RELEASE amd64) these mails usually arrive before
03:10. But sometimes they arrive after 03:30 and in rare case after
04:00. The delay is not problem for me but I would like to know why it
happens. So are there any ways to help investigating this delay?
(Option to make periodic(8) write start and end time of each script to
syslog, for example.)

BTW I'm not sure if this ML is best place to ask this question. So
plese let me know if I should move to other ML.

Best Regards.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA