Date:      Thu, 4 Aug 2016 13:26:48 -0700
From:      Rudy <crapsh@monkeybrains.net>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   spontaneously exiting Jail -- jexec or ssh -- FreeBSD 10.3

I have an odd issue, and I'm writing to see if anyone has seen the same
issue.

If I use "jexec 4 tcsh" or ssh into the jail, some sequences on the
command line kick me out (spontaneously exit) everytime.

For example, I run a couple of commands, then go to the /usr/local
folder, hit mv TAB (file name completion) realize I am in the wrong
folder, hit ^C, and the jail boots me.  I've set the 'prompt' to be HOST
and GUEST for the main install and jail.

HOST%jexec 4 tcsh
GUEST%date
Thu Aug  4 13:21:13 PDT 2016
GUEST%ls
.cshrc                     etc-lavash
.profile                   home
.rnd                       lib
COPYRIGHT                  libexec
Dec31.2012                 media
Dec31.2013                 mnt
Dec31.2014                 proc
Dec31.2015                 rescue
INSTALL-NOTES-MONKEYBRAINS root
basejail                   sbin
bin                        sys
boot                       tmp
data                       usr
dev                        var
etc                        www
etc-injera
GUEST%cd /usr/local/
GUEST%mv [hit TAB for completion]
bin/                        libdata/
dcc/                        libexec/
etc-BACKUP/                 man/
etc-dist/                   openssl/
etc-injera/                 sbin/
etc-lavash/                 share/
etc/                        tests/
include/                    var/
info/                       www/
lib/                        x86_64-portbld-freebsd10.1/
GUEST%mv {^C}HOST%

Here is a TRUSS on the last command:

truss jexec 4 tcsh
GUEST%mv write(17,"GUEST%mv ",9)				 = 9 (0x9)
read(16,0x7fffffffe0d2,1)			 ERR#4 'Interrupted system call'
SIGNAL 2 (SIGINT)
sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK,{ SIGINT },0x0)		 = 0 (0x0)
process exit, rval = 1

Oddly, if I don't do a couple of seemingly arbitrary commands first (ls
and date in the example above), but go straight to the cd and then mv
command, the jail does exit with the ERR#4.

Rudy