Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:53:19 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Dirk Froemberg <dirk@activ-consult.de>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HEADS UP: need status reports!!!

Hi,

> Has anybody run FreeBSD-SMP successfully on a ASUS P65UP5 with
> C-P6ND (Dual Pentium Pro Card)?
>
> After booting from a SMP-GENERIC-kernel from 3.0-970815-SNAP the
> machine hangs for a few minutes after
>
> 	APIC_IO: routing 8254 via 8259 on pin 0	.
>
> Then
>
> 	Timedout SCB handled by another timeout
>
> is printed on the console twice.
>
> After another few minutes timeouts concerning ahc0 and sd0 are printed.
>
> The output from mptable -verbose -dmesg is attached below.

This hardware should be fine, its beginning to look like somethings broke
in the source tree...

I need a show of hands:

Who has tried SMP sources dated August 1 or newer?

if so:
  What was your result, success or failure?
  What basic hardware: motherboard make & model, P5/P6?
  Is this the first attempt to run SMP on this hardware?
  Did you start with a SNAP or cvsuped source tree?
  What date?

For the record I am successfully running:

gigabyte GA586DX dual P5:
	FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Aug 16 14:26:43 MDT 1997

gigabyte GA686DX dual P6:
	FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Aug 16 13:12:23 MDT 1997

intel pr440fx dual P6:
	FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #0: Tue Aug 19 23:46:23 MDT 1997

the first 2 are built by cvsuping from freefall shortly before
the dates shown, the 3rd is my primary SMP development box,
so it may be "newer" than commited source.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by