Date:      Fri, 14 Oct 2005 01:55:04 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mambo -- install dir

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:16:58 -0700
Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 13 October 2005 12:49,  the author Ion-Mihai Tetcu
> contributed to the dialogue on-
>  Re: Mambo -- install dir:
>
> >On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:45:04 -0400
> >
> >Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com> wrote:

> >> Change:
> >>
> >> MAMBO_DIR?=     www/${PORTNAME}
> >>
> >> ...in the port's Makefile, and/or change ${PREFIX}.
> >
> >Or
> ># make MAMBO_DIR=.......
>
> Ah well I must I done something stupid -- because I got nowhere :-(
> Here is how I changed the makefile start with MAMBO_DIR?

That ``?'' from ``MAMBO_DIR?=     www/${PORTNAME}'' means:
if it's not defined use this value.

> I also removed PREFIX entries where it seemed appropriate.

I doubt there was any place where this was appropriate; please take a
look in Porters Handbook (and /usr/oprts/MK/* ) if you are interested
on the subject.

> make and make install did not complain BUT nothing happened!!!

make clean && make MAMBO_DIR=/where/I/want/it/to/be/installled install  clean

 [ ... ]

> Can anyone help me do better?

Just leave the port as it is and do what I've told you above.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"