Date:      Fri, 5 May 2006 01:24:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Matthew Keen <matthewk@adam.com.au>, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3Ware Escalade 7450 - Cannot Create Filesystem

--- Matthew Keen <matthewk@adam.com.au> wrote:
> 8 partitions:
> #        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
>   c: 586067202        0    unused        0     0        # (Cyl.    0 -
> 36480*)
> ---------------
>
> mammoth# newfs /dev/twed0s1e
> newfs: /dev/twed0s1e: `e' partition is unavailable

I say, r u sure, u have a partition 'e'? The bsdlabel/disklabel output does not
look like...

Maybe u should add the 'e' partition with
  bsdlabel -e twed0s1
by just adding the line
  e: 586067186 16 4.2BSD 0 0 0
in the end (I think the first 16 sectors of every slice should be reserved for
something I dont know...).

Then u may try successfully the
  newfs /dev/twed0s1e
command...